and Joyce Wicks
We strive to expand people's lives by helping to intensify their links to their ancestors.
"Serving the genealogical
community since 1947 with The Helper, the Handybook for Genealogists
and the new Everton Genealogical Helper."
- Social Security Death Index searches
- PERSI searches
- Various subscription database searches
- World Wide Web Searches
- IGI and Ancestral File searches
- Computerization of your existing information.
- Custom Computer Produced Reports
Library and Archive Research Services
- Engagement & Marriage Announcements
- Obituaries & Funeral Notices
- Other news and social events
- County histories
- City directories
- Cemetery records
- Death Records
- Cemetery searches & photography
- Location and Photography of residences and
County Records Research
But please see note below
- Marriage Records
- Property Records
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificates
- German Church Records
- Before we start to work together I need to know
your specific objectives, what information and documents you already
have, the sources you have checked, any problems encountered and
authorization for the number of hours of research you approve. After I
receive your data I will outline a research plan and submit it to you
for your approval. When the research is complete, a full report will be
mailed to you that includes my findings and source citations.
Reports will be sent to you by U.S. Mail.
Comments and questions can be exchanged by e-mail
Under Illinois State
#410 ILCS 535 - Vital Records Act
only specific individuals are eligible to receive birth,
death or marriage certificates less than 75 years old.
We can only obtain
certificates that are 75 or more years old.
You may order records
than 75 years old online or in person.
For requirements and instructions on how to obtain them go to:
http://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/vitals/index.html or contact
Champaign County Clerk
1776 East Washington
Urbana, IL 61802
records, etc. contact the Champaign County
Circuit Clerk's Office.
Joyce C. Wicks
200 W. Second St.
P.O. Box 228
Sadorus, IL 61872-0228
Phone : (217) 598-2271
FAX : (On request)
Over 20 years of professional experience conducting
family history investigation consisting of six years in East
Texas, five years in the state of Washington, and over ten years of
research here in Champaign County, Illinois and the surrounding areas.
I have done in-depth research on more than 100 individuals that lived
in Champaign County.
Published The Piney Woods Newsletter,
a quarterly publication for people whose roots were in East Texas.
- BA - Stephen F. Austin State University,
Applied Arts & Science, Emphasis in History
- Champaign County Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society
- Smoky Mountain Historical Society
- Earned acreditation from the Board for Certification of Genealogists
in Washington, D.C. in 2003 as a Certified Genealogist.
- Our experience is that very few research
completed in less than 8 hours. Most take longer.
- Therefore, we require a minimum deposit to cover eight
authorization to do up to eight more hours of research as needed.
(See hourly rates below.)
- Personal checks, certified checks, money orders and
- $20.00/hr for research within Champaign County,
- $25.00/hr for research in surrounding counties:
Douglas County, Ford County, and Vermilion County.
- $30.00/hr outside of the above counties.
- Total charges consist of hourly fees plus
(copies, parking, etc.)
And for trips outside of Champaign County, meals, accomodations
and mileage at $0.445 per mile.
- We are happy to give a 10% discount on hourly
fees to our fellow Senior Citizens!
Total research time needed to complete your
depends upon many factors.
- My current research commitments to other
- Your research objectives;
- Whether or not your ancestors have common
- How often the names appear in the records;
- The detail that you require (single searches or
multiple county searches,
checking indexes only or actual record retrieval).
Large projects such as researching and producing
multi-generational research involving lengthy reports, etc. require
more time. The first part of the project will involve determining
research objectives and developing a research plan. This will allow us
to give you as accurate an estimate of project duration as possible.
I will work within the number of hours you
will notify you if further time is advisable to reach your research
objectives. I will not engage in or charge for additional research
without your authorization.
We look forward to helping YOU meet your research
- Jennifer Auten
920 Mockingbird LN
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Monsignor Steven Rohlfs
412 NE Madison Ave.
Peoria, IL 61602-3720
- Kathy Wehrle
- Douglas Demlow
2455 Heritage Circle
Navarre, FL 32566
- Daniel Powers
8505 Hartford Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21234
- Gary Poole
Credit And Debit Card service is available
To make payment click below
Final Exams Champaign
County, Illinois Schools
(Reprint of the 1900 publication by the S.J. Clarke Company)
Buy it here!
Of The Most Remarkable Genealogy Reference
Guides There Is Available On The Market Today
Check it out now!
The Desperate Genealogists Idea Book
Packed With Family History Research Tips To Help You Outsmart Your Elusive Ancestors.
GBuff.com - Genealogy Data Products.
A KICKSTART IN YOUR GENEALOGY RESEARCH.
FIND TONS OF DATA ABOUT YOUR SURNAME.
Downloadable Data EBooks With Complete State Of Texas Death Index 1964-1999. And More!
List of Genealogy Sites
World Vital Records